Sports Injury Personal Injury Compensation Claims Advice – UK, England & Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland
Have you been injured while playing sport?
If you have been injured while playing sport in an accident that wasn’t your fault then you may be entitled to claim compensation. For example, while playing football you are owed a duty of care by the owner of the pitch and other players under the law.
Duty of Care
If this duty of care has been negligently breached resulting in personal injury to you then you may be entitled to claim compensation.
No win No Fee
Our specialist no win no fee Solicitors can advise you on sports injury claims as this can be a complex area of law and type of claim. The reason for this is simple – when you play any sport you are accepting a certain level of risk of injury so not every sports injury will result in a successful personal injury compensation claim. For example, a fair football tackle which causes injury is unlikely to result in a successful sports injury compensation claim. However, a problem with a pitch or equipment or a football tackle using excessive force which causes injury could result in a successful sports injury compensation claim. It is important you get expert advice from our specialist no win no fee Solicitors who can advise you on the difference between tackles and which type of tackle could result in a successful sports injury compensation claim.
How long do I have to claim sports injury compensation?
If you have been injured in a sporting accident why not let our no win no fee expert panel Solicitors deal with your personal injury compensation claim for you? If you have been injured in a sporting accident you have three years from the date of that accident or three years from when you became aware that your injuries were related to your sporting accident in which to claim injury compensation.
Our specialist no win no fee panel Solicitors have gained experience in sporting accidents while advising many injured parties such footballers.
What to do if I have been injured in a sporting accident and wish to bring a compensation claim?
As soon as your physical pain/injuries allow it you should gather the following evidence to aid the claims process:
- Negligent Third party Liability Insurance details including policy number (as the compensation settlement will likely come from the insurer) if available;
- Photographs of the accident scene including any defective pitch;
- Photographs of injuries following the accident;
- Photographs of scarring following the accident;
- Details of those who witnessed the accident;
- Details of witnesses who can provide evidence on previous similar sports injury accidents on the pitch or comment on the poor health/safety practices of the body responsible for maintaining the pitch;
- Incident Report Form and name/position of person accident reported to;
- Details of the referee/league/teams involved;
- Ensure injuries are recorded/noted by Medical Practitioners qualified to treat injuries such as Paramedics/Hospital/GP/Physiotherapist;
- If medication is required for your injuries ensure this is obtained on prescription as this is easily evidenced;
- CCTV footage of the accident if available;
- Accident report forms detailing any other health & safety agencies.
Financial Loss compensation claims
As well as compensation for injuries you may be able to claim for financial loss such as loss of earnings (past and future), care, physiotherapy, travel to and from medical appointments, damaged possessions and home modifications. You should keep receipts to prove your loss.
Common Sports Injuries
An example of a common sports injury compensation claim is for a broken leg sustained whilst playing football. A sporting leg injury compensation claim resulting from a sporting accident can result in up to a £210,000.00 injury compensation settlement for general damages. Please see our compensation claim calculator for a more specific valuation of your claim.
In addition to this the Plaintiff/Claimant would be entitled to claim for financial/special damages/losses as above to include loss of earnings (past and future), care, physiotherapy, travel to and from medical appointments, damaged possessions and home modifications.
Common Sports Injuries
Common sports personal injury accident claims for injury compensation:
- Equestrian and horse riding injury compensation claims:
- Asbestosis claims;
- Football injury compensation claims:
- Rugby injury compensation claims;
- Boxing injury compensation claims;
- Tennis injury compensation claims;
- Cricket injury compensation claims;
- Back injury claims:
- Foot injury claims:
- Arm injury claims;
- Leg injury claims;
- Neck injury claims;
- Shoulder injury claims;
- Golf injury compensation claims;
- Gym injury compensation claims;
- Head injury claims;
- Chest injury claims.
In the UK, you have three years’ from the date of your accident or three years’ from the date that you become aware that the cause of your injuries is linked to your sports injury / accident in which to process your claim for injury compensation.
Sometimes the time limit for claiming personal injury compensation can be extended. For example, you may not be aware of the extent of your injuries until years after the accident.
If more than three years passes before you become aware of the cause of your injuries you will have three years from the date on which you became aware of the cause of your injuries in which to process your claim for sports injury compensation.
In Ireland, you have two years’ from the date of your accident or from the date that you became aware that your injuries were related to your sports injury / accident in which to process your claim for personal injury compensation.
Contact our personal injury solicitors now!
It is always best however to begin the injury compensation claim process as soon as possible so do not delay – get in touch with us today for free no win no fee sports injury compensation claim advice.
Let our no win no fee Solicitors take the stress away and get you the injury compensation you deserve by guiding you through the compensation claims process from the start to either settlement of you claim or Court. Remember to try our injury compensation claim calculator to value your claim!